The NewTek TriCaster TC1 is a HOMERUN! GRAND SLAM!
The NewTek TriCaster TC1 delivers a level of price, performance, features, technology, expandability and future proofing that has NEVER been seen in the world of live production and streaming. When I first heard about NDI it was two years ago at the NAB show, I was sitting with NewTek CTO and President, Dr. Andrew Cross, and on the back of a napkin he described NDI to me and the impact he felt it would have on the industry. It wasn’t just going to be bigger than 4K, it was going to be a crucial technology to making 4K live production a possibility.
Keep in mind that each 4K input or output requires a total of 4 SDI inputs ganged together, sometimes called Quad SDI. With NDI you would be able to run 4K over GigE straight into or out of your TriCaster or any other device. Plus since NDI is a two way communication protocol you can also control or take control of any NDI device on the network. I was blown away and I agreed with him completely. I had seen the land of NDI and it was just over the rainbow.
The NewTek TriCaster TC1 is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It delivers 4K workflows while leveraging all of Newtek’s technologies – Advanced Edition software, NDI, 3Play’s instant replay, TalkShow’s Skype TX and more into a powerful new rack mounted unit – all for under $20K. It supports not only 4K UHD, but at high frame rates – 2160p60 video!
Disclaimer: I have not actually seen or touched a TC1. The information below is based on what I could glean from the NewTek dealer and channel webcasts, as well as a WebEx presentation we had with the Newtek sales and products team. I will update and correct this article as I learn more.
For just $19,995 the NewTek TriCaster TC1 comes bundled with an all new control surface. The TC1 is just $14,995 ala carte!
Let’s take a quick look at what you get for $14,995 with the TriCaster TC1 2RU model:
16 external inputs for under $15K!!
- 4K UHD 2160p60 video
- Single 4K output or 4 3G HD Outs
- 4 SDI inputs expandable to 12 SDI with NC1 IO Studio I/O Module
- Total of 16 external inputs (SDI & NDI) with 4 M/E’s
- 3x Multi-viewers
- Native IP Processing
- Integrated TalkShow for bringing in up two 2 remote guests via Skype.
- Dual streaming simultaneously to 2 different CDNs such as Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Periscope, Twitch and any other CDNs. Or you can stream in two different formats. i.e. wide screen for desktops and vertical for mobile devices.
- 2 Internal video servers, 2 Graphics Channels, 10 Animation Players, 5 Still Buffers, 30 Clip Players, 4 IsoCorders, Integrated 3Play technology, Integrated TalkShow technology
- Internal or NDI Graphics plus Virtual sets
The NewTek TriCaster TC1 comes with 4 SDI inputs, but it supports a total of up to 16. How is this possible? The magic of NDI! Your 16 inputs can be any combination of SDI or NDI inputs. Need more SDI inputs, get one of the new expansion modules. The NC1IN adds 4 additional SDI inputs, the NC1IO adds a total of 8 SDI ports, that can be configured in any combination of inputs or outputs. Keep in mind that with NDI, you can use another TriCaster as inputs into the TC1, a computer with an NDI compatible capture card, a BirdDog NDI encoder with your exiting SDI/HDMI HD camcorders or one of the new cameras that will have native NDI support (trust me they are coming).
Flexible & Expandable
Your path to a 4K future
- The NewTek TriCaster TC1 is a 2RU unit and is also available in a 3RU model that includes redundant power supply
- You can choose between the Small USB control surface or the Large more advanced control surface that attaches to your TC1 via Ethernet
- You can add one or more Studio Input NDI encoder module or Studio I/O 8 input NDI expansion module that allows you to configure each SDI port as your choice of input or output
- NDI means that your existing TriCasters can be used as NDI sources as well
- We all know that in a few years we will be shooting, switching and delivering 4K content
- We also know we will still be shooting, switching and delivering HD content for the next 5 years
- These transitions never go as quickly or smoothly as imagined
- The NewTek TriCaster TC1 gives us a new class of product that supports today’s HD workflows as well as tomorrows 4K ones
- Most importantly NewTek TriCaster TC1 allows you to migrate at the pace you choose, as your budget allows, as you upgrade your gear and as your audience’s demands evolve.
NewTek TriCaster TC1 Shipping end of April!
Call now to place your oder 800-232-2325 or to request a price quote
NewTek TriCaster Trade-Up Special!
Attention TriCaster Owners: Trade-up to a TriCaster 410, 460 or 860 now and save up to 40% off. Special Expires 8/29/14.
Your old reliable TriCaster could be worth up to $10,000! Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to upgrade your school, house of worship or production studio to the very latest new TriCaster versions with all the newest and most powerful features!
- Trade in any SD TriCaster and get $3,000 Off the TriCaster 410 ...
- Trade in any SD TriCaster and get $5,000 Off the TriCaster 460 ...
- Trade in any SD TriCaster and get $7,000 Off the TriCaster 860
How can I trade in my TriCaster?
- Trade in any older HD TriCaster and get $8,000 Off the TriCaster 460 ...
- Trade in any older HD TriCaster and get $10,000 Off the TriCaster 860
Are you still working on an older TriCaster system? If so, we have a “hot” deal for you this summer. From July 1-August 29, 2014, the TriCaster Trade-Up Promo will allow anyone who is not using a current TriCaster system to trade up to the newest models and receive a significant trade-in value for their older system. This is especially appealing if you have a TriCaster SD or TriCaster 300 – but is also a great deal if you are not using a TriCaster 410, 460 or 860.
As we’ve always maintained, purchasing a TriCaster is a great investment – and now TriCaster owners will get a chance to cash in on your investment with some of the hottest trade-up deals ever – you can receive up to 40% off with your trade-in!
Why should you trade up?
Producers can get more views of their content instantly:
- Media Publishing that allows them to instantly upload to social media networks while they stream, broadcast, or project their show.
- Second output for additional program (and sponsorship) opportunities from the same production
Producers can reach new visual heights:
360-degree Holographic LiveSets that bring realistic sets, lighting, reflections, and camera moves to any small production space.
Producers can significantly reduce production time, cost, and errors:
What products qualify for the trade-up?
- Multi-format ISO recording that captures every camera and makes post-production 10x faster.
- PTZ camera control that adds more coverage without spending on more crew.
- Macros and automation triggered by hand gestures, button pushes or simple apps and devices to make sequences simpler and reduce on-air errors.
SD TriCaster Products
- TriCaster DUO
- TriCaster 100
- TriCaster PRO
- TriCaster PRO FX
- TriCaster STUDIO
- TriCaster BROADCAST
HD TriCaster Products
- TriCaster 300
- TriCaster 450
- TriCaster 450 EXTREME
- TriCaster 850
- TriCaster 850 EXTREME
- TriCaster 455
- TriCaster 855
Follow this link or call 800-323-2325 for the complete NewTek SuperPowers Trade-in offer and pricing!