: Richard Harrington's Blog
: Time-lapse Tutorial: Tracking the Sun's Position
When, and for how long, are you shooting your time-lapse sequence? Sun position can play a vital role in your shoot and knowing the sun's location ahead of time can help you plan ahead. In this tutorial, learn how to use the Sun Seeker app, available for both iOS and Android devices, in order to track the location of the sun. Watch more at http://www.lynda.com/After-Effects-tu....
This tutorial is a single movie from the Creating Time-Lapse Video course presented by lynda.com author Rich Harrington. The complete course is 3 hours and 27 minutes. Get on-location tips and post-production techniques to speed up time and create compelling visual effects with time-lapse photography.
1. What Is Time-Lapse Photography?
2. Technical Essentials
3. Equipment: What You'll Need and Might Want
4. Choosing a Shooting Format
5. A Better Timeline Panel
6. The Exposure Triangle in Depth
7. Using a Slider
8. Shooting Time Lapse on a Smartphone or Tablet
9. Managing Data from a Time-Lapse Shoot
10. Organizing the Images for Post
11. Developing the Images for Post
12. Assembling a Time-Lapse Movie with Adobe Photoshop
13. Assembling a Time-Lapse Movie with Adobe After Effects
14. Assembling a Time-Lapse Movie with Adobe Premiere Pro
15. Assembling a Time-Lapse Movie with Apple Final Cut Pro X