: Richard Harrington's Blog
: Make Your Mark in Premiere Pro's Timeline
As you work in the timeline or source window, you'll come to rely upon In and Out points in order to accurately edit. These two points can clearly define which part of a clip you want to use, what section of the timeline you want to replace, or where to remove footage.
Here are the most essential commands:
- In – Press I to add an In point
- Out – Press O to add an Out point
- Clear In – Press D to clear an In point
- Clear Out – Press F to clear an Out point
- Clear In & Out – Press G to clear both an In & Out point
- Go To In – Press Q to go to an In point
- Go To Out – Press W to go to an Out point
- Lift – Press ; to remove the media between the In and Out Point and leave a gap.
- Extract – Press ' to remove the media between the In and Out Point and close the gap.